Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Communication is the Cornerstone of Great Results

Dentists and Technicians work together to restore a patients smile, and maintain oral health. Since we must work together to create ideal results it is important that we communicate. Two Ocean Dental Lab has a variety of communication tools at our disposal, and you can have access to these as well with an internet connection.
Telephones are great, and discussing a case face to face is even better. Often these means of communication are not convenient during a busy day in your office. Thankfully today we have many alternatives that are very convenient, and often times allow for case planning to be much easier. I will list a few of my favorites, and I would love to hear what everyone else has found beneficial in the office.

Instant Messaging- Platforms for instant messaging vary, I use google talk, but the idea is the same across the board. If I am missing information on the prescription I send out an instant message, and at the convenience of the office they can reply. This system works out well because when I call on the phone it is sometimes inconvenient, and I am tying up office staff while they are assisting patients. With an instant message I know that a response will be made as soon as a staff member has time to address the question.

E-mail- E-mail is similar in convenience to instant messaging, with the added benefit of attaching photos. Sometimes I will receive photos from an office for patients, and it is very convenient. E-mail is also a great way for me to notify clients of special deals, and news. Sometimes people have time to sit down and read an e-mail, and they do it at their leisure. Once again when a phone rings someone answers it, and it is not always a good time to talk.

Skype- Combining instant messaging, texting to cell phones, calls to land lines, file sharing and video calls Skype is the swiss army knife of communication. Skype is a fantastic way to meet "face to face" without anyone having to leave their office. With Skype you can IM someone to call when they are available, then have a video conference to look things over. More offices and labs should have Skype.

Of course there are plenty of other tools for communication out there, and I want to know more about which ones you like. These are just a few of my favorites, and every day someone is revolutionizing the way we do our work. Please feel free to comment on your favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment